Josh, Emily, Brook, Kristie, 40 Horse Cave, Nov 24, 2012

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is claustrophobia a side effect of pregnancy?

So, my family (Post) have been planning on going to Lehman Caves since Katie was a baby...that is a long time my friends. So...here are some images from the long-awaited trip!









This weekend we went to Lehman Caves in Great Basin National Park, Nevada. It was cold (32 degrees), it rained and we had a blast! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...

Above is the sunset that welcomed us into Nevada.

Above left is a cave shield. They don't know what forms these disc-like stalactite-wearing formations, but there pretty awesome!





Here are Katie and Annie c
oming through one of the claustrophobic spaces during the tour of the caves. I admit, I got really nervous and dizzy when I was walking through here...mostly because the line of people stopped when I was in the middle of it. Very nervous making!


Josh is making kissy faces. Mmwha!


After the ranger took notice of Parker and listened to one of his comments, Parker followed him around in this cavern for five minutes.

Below, there is a stalactite that had fallen and now looks like a creature...can you find the alligator?









(Below )The girls...minus the top half of Sissy's (Melissa) face.







Not the best picture, but this is called "cave bacon"...any ideas why?







Here's Josh next to a stream that ran along the "kitchen station" of the camp. There were no mosquito (thank goodness) but there were a lot of mice and voles--little fat mice with short tails (Josh's mom would have loved that!). There is one said mouse in this picture...can you find it? The best part of this moment was as Josh watched this mouse another mouse scurried up and between Josh's legs. Good times.






Hashbrowns anyone?!? Here's Katie cookin' up breakfast in the rain Saturday morning.








This is the most famous cave shield in the cave. Amber lighting for dramatic effect...check!!

3 comments:

  1. LOoks like so much fun! My mom would have flipped the first mouse she saw and stayed in the car the rest of the trip. I still remember the look on her face when I brought home some teeny tiny baby orphaned mice. (our farmer neighbor had killed the mom with a shovel lovely...) anyways I found the babies in the haystack and tried to adopt them.... But it didnt work for long. My mom found out what I was hiding and so long baby mice...
    love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun, I would also have a bit of claustrophobia!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fun to see your blog...thanks for sharing. What a great trip!! Looks so cool. Yeah, I would feel claustrophobic even if I wasn't pregnant! Glad you did all right, Kristie! We're so excited for you two!!!!! Can't wait to meet your little girl. We hope the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly. Thanks, Josh, for driving Gary up the other day...I was so glad he wasn't going by himself.

    ReplyDelete