Josh, Emily, Brook, Kristie, 40 Horse Cave, Nov 24, 2012

Friday, January 28, 2011

Poetry and beauty

Hello again.

This week I was in a Poetry Slam competition in one of my classes and out of 25 people I was the 1st runner up! (I should have won but the winning poem was about being a single, 23 and "not too old" girl; so with all young, single girl judges that poem won me out by 2 points.) I have never poetry slammed before but I decided to go all out. I wrote all three of my poems and had a blast performing them.

My Friday morning class has been moved to Thursday mornings which is nice; this way I don't go down to school on Fridays and I get to spend three entire days with Brook! She is growing so much: almost crawling and sitting up on her own, gabbering more and smiling so much it's blinding (like, her smile lights up the room...corny but very true:P...no SAD for us with her around).

Josh's middle school team is undefeated so far and will face their rival tomorrow. It is exciting! Also, he had a great birthday week, if I do say so myself. On Monday we went ice skating in the middle of downtown Salt Lake and had a lot of fun. Wednesday we got pizza and watched the BYU vs San Diego game and BYU won just for Josh's b-day. Tonight, we are relaxing at home as a family. Love it!!

Enjoy a couple more videos and pics. The videos are sideways (Josh didn't know that if you hold our camera with the longest side up it films sideways...I love him...)

Josh with his b-day cake...

In honor of Josh's 30th birthday we had a 90s themed party. Josh and I went grunge (I did dark eyeliner even...), my sister Katie (front in t-shirt) wore her shirt that said "Everybody knows hover-boards don't work on water" (Back to the Future 2), Anne and Kellie sported the over-sized golf shirts, Nick wore flannel, and Melissa wore her Super Mario Bros 3 t-shirt. It was so much fun!
More of us!
Brook got into the party too--hippie shirt, hat and all her cuteness!



Brook in her swing. She figured out that she could lift up the lap-thingy with her feet and entertained herself, and Josh, for over 20 minute. She's so smart!


Me sledding with my nephews off my parents front porch, over the stairs, through the covered grass, down the ramp and onto the basketball court. I was out there with them for 45 mins. It was a blast!



Brook in Bath. We took this earlier this month--you'll like our attempt at modesty:). She continues to love bath time and I'm sure it will continue.

4 comments:

  1. Love those pics! You guys are so fun. I am glad Josh has you Kristie and your family too. I couldn't have asked for a better wife for my little brother. I have really enjoyed spending time with you and getting to know you recently. Can't wait to see you again. Love you both
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks very interesting!! Looks like fun. Who was sledding? It wasn't Brook, was it? Fun pictures!! In her swing, with the picture being sideways, it looks like she will fall out of the swing when she kicks the top off. Love the new pictures! I'm glad he had a nice Birthday. Love Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! whoo hoo......I found u guys!!! I love seeing all the pics of Brooklyn......u are so much better at getting everything documented than me!!! Kudos!! Now u can come and check us out!! Jake says Hello cuz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh just kidding he wanted me to call u Krid.....!!

    ReplyDelete