Josh, Emily, Brook, Kristie, 40 Horse Cave, Nov 24, 2012

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

And so it begins....

14 weeks. We are now 14 weeks into our first pregnancy!!! We are so happy and are excited for our family to grow.

Two weeks ago I went to see my doctor and get my check-up (happy-pappy and all...yea me:). Everything looks great! We also experienced something amazing. We heard the heartbeat for the first time! Dr. Stevenson found one of my arteries so that we could hear the difference between the two: mine was like a giant meandering around and the baby's was like a squirrel hyped up on caffeine. A-MAZ-ING!

I am now a couple of weeks into the second trimester and feeling a little bit better. I still feel sick in the morning and a little bit at night, but my herbal tea helps me out a lot! I find all the side effects of pregnancy..."interesting." But, I am happy, excited and loving life!

Josh's middle school's basketball team he coaches won their division (if that's what it's called). They played the semifinals Saturday at 2 and then the final was at 4, also on Saturday. The first game was an easy win but the second game was exciting! They won it in the last two minutes after falling behind in the first and then switching the lead the rest of the game. He enjoyed it, but he's glad that it's done.

Play rehearsals are going well for me (Twelfth Night). I am having so much fun and learning a lot, but I do physically check out around 8 p.m. Baby and mama get tired being on our feet all day. We open in less than a month, but it is coming right along.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you. I am glad you are feeling a little better too. I loved your story about hearing the heartbeat. The whole thing is just so exciting. Especially the first time.

    We love you both. Take care and congrats on the basketball games Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about the experiences that you guys have gone through and will go through. I am so excited for you guys. As exciting as the heartbeat is I think it even gets more exciting when you feel him/her kick and move around inside. It is a feeling beyond description not just physically either... Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete