Josh, Emily, Brook, Kristie, 40 Horse Cave, Nov 24, 2012

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tricks and Treats

This week has been of changes and check-ups. Brooklyn had her 2 month check-up on Tuesday. She is a good weight (9 lbs 1 oz), head circumference is great and she is still really tall (23 3/4 inches long). And, of course, she is still gorgeous!!! She also had her immunizations which made for a fussy afternoon but with the shock of the shots, the pain and the infant Tylenol we gave her she slept 10 hours Tuesday night...not straight, but total. It was glorious! I have not slept that much in months; Josh, on the other hand, had a normal sleeping night.

We also decided to move Brooklyn over to her bedroom and crib this week. The first two nights were a little more difficult, but she is used to the new space and both she and I seem to be sleeping much better (again, Josh sleeps normally...you know how he is, but we still love and adore him!). So, our transition is complete and was a lot more smooth than I was expecting, which is fantastic!!

We had a blast this Halloween. The Thursday before we went over to the Post house and carved pumpkins. Josh helped Parker clean this beast of a pumpkin out (well, Josh cleaned it out and Parker watched repeating the phrase "I'm so proud of my big boy" referring to the pumpkin not Josh). Melissa, my little sis, then carved the smallest pumpkin and wanted to put it in the teeth of the large one, but ended up putting it on the inside which was equally cool!

My mom helped 4-year-old Lucas put Mr. Potato Head faces on these pumpkins. Trust my mom to come up with things like that.
This was my pumpkin I carved. I decided to do Jack Skellington, which I think turned out well.
Since I only get a couple of short years before Brooklyn tells me what she wants to be I decided she should be Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender (the T.V. show not the horrible movie). This is also my first attempt at making a costume, which was fun to figure out and make and I know how I might make it differently next time.

Josh's school is going very well. It's been fun for him to teach debate this year. He is also fully adjusted to his calling. I have signed up for my two classes next semester. I'm taking a Stage Management class and a Contemporary performance class which I am very excited for. My sister Anne will watch Brooklyn in the mornings while I go down to school, which we are grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the costume turned out so cute, and so was the subject!! I can see she has filled out! So cute! Can't wait to see all of you next week! Love Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! The pumpkins look great and Brooklyn is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete