Josh, Emily, Brook, Kristie, 40 Horse Cave, Nov 24, 2012

Monday, August 31, 2009

Yellowstone July 2009

Post Family's Yellowstone Trip

Two weeks after spending time in the Yellowstone area with the Wallace Clan, we were back up there again with the Post Family. This photo was taken on the steps of my (Kristie) uncle's cabin that we used in Mack's Inn. We had a blast!

Katie and Kurt took their canoe up and we pulled out one of Uncle Greg's canoes to use. We floated the river one afternoon and stopped for a little dip in the river at a swimming spot we found. The water was freezing until we got used to it and it was so much fun. After getting back into the canoes and heading back down the river, Melissa, who was steering in the back of the canoe I was in, squealed "I've got a leech!" I looked back to see her foot by my head with a leech making its merry, slithery way up her leg. Kurt pulled their canoe up by us and offered to pull it off for her. Melissa turned her head and said "I'm not gonna look," when Kurt pinched the unattached side of the leech and it came right off. Luckily, it had not embedded its suckerish face into her skin. It was fantastic! I giggled about it the rest of the way down, grateful it wasn't me but also paranoid that I had a friend of my own; ends up, I didn't. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment